Erik Karlsson says he's committed to San Jose, hasn't requested a trade
PUBLICATION
Cooper Godin
September 8, 2022 (2:37 PM)
The San Jose Sharks will head into the 2022-23 season without one of the pillars of their blue line, Brent Burns, after he was traded to the Carolina Hurricanes this summer.
There had been rumblings that Erik Karlsson may be the next one to be moved out of San Jose, but in an interview with The Athletic, the 32-year-old said he has not submitted a trade request and is committed to staying with the Sharks.
"No, I committed here a long time ago. It didn't work out the way we wanted it to early on. There's a lot of things that probably played into that. I'm not going to get into details about that," Karlsson said. "But I am excited for the future here now. I hope we can move in the direction to be successful again. Is that going to be this year? I mean, who knows? But I do think something good can come out of here."
The Landsbro (Sweden) native signed a massive eight-year contract with the Sharks in 2019 and has five-years remaining on it, with a cap hit of $11.5 million and a no-movement clause.
Since joining the Sharks in 2018 following a trade from Ottawa, Karlsson hasn't looked like the player he was when he was with the Senators. In 50 games last season, he put up 35 points (ten goals, 25 assists), fourteen penalty minutes and was a minus-fourteen.
Source: TSN.
|
Il y a 5 heures | Par William Nadeau Les Hurricanes tranchent avec Jesperi Kotkaniemi avant d'affronter le CH et sa nouvelle position fait réagir |
|
Il y a 6 heures | Par William Nadeau Coup dur pour Martin St-Louis et le Canadien avant le match contre les Hurricanes |
|
Il y a 7 heures | Par William Nadeau Le Canadien dévoile la vérité sur la raison de l'absence de Martin St-Louis |
|
Il y a 9 heures | Par William Nadeau Kent Hughes confirme la rumeur impliquant Martin St-Louis et il dévoile sa date de retour |
|
Il y a 10 heures | Par William Nadeau Deux sources confirment une excellente signature passée de Kent Hughes avant son point de presse |
|
Il y a 12 heures | Par William Nadeau Une nouvelle déclaration inquiétante sur l'absence de Martin St-Louis laisse croire que ce serait sérieux |
|
Il y a 12 heures | Par William Nadeau Du renfort en attaque débarque immédiatement chez le Canadien avant le match contre les Hurricanes |
|
Il y a 14 heures | Par William Nadeau Nouvelle annonce du Canadien après l'absence de Martin St-Louis et on a la réponse |