RECHERCHE


Panarin missed roster changes over summer after ditching technology and living off the land

PUBLICATION
TJ Tucker
September 1, 2022  (2:54 PM)
SHARE THIS STORY

Artemi Panarin may have one of the most lucrative contracts in the NHL, but he spent some of his summer living like he was penniless. Panarin has emerged after being very quiet in Russian media all summer, despite the fact that he usually does a few interviews while he's at home. During the exchange with a reporter, Panarin was asked if he followed the changes to his team through free agency and the trades that have come along.

"Alisa (Znarok, Panarin's girlfriend) told me the news, who was traded, who was signed, back and forth. To be honest, I didn't want to think about it. There will be no Ryan Strome - but what's there to think about in the summer? What could I change?"

"I lived ten days without a connection in the woods. A worker there had wi-fi in his cabin. But I don't need it for fuck's sake," continued Panarin. "My friend Artem and I would get up at 4:30 in the morning and go fishing an hour later. We sat with our fishing rods, practiced, and by 11 am had already done everything. What a day! Beautiful!"

"What internet? What news?! Then we went - we ate handfuls of strawberries in the woods. My face was red from the juice, my soul was happy," Panarin said.

Panarin was once quite active on social media, especially Instagram. However, after some posts critical of Russian president Vladimir Putin, and an incident where he was accused of assaulting a young woman back in 2011 when he played in the KHL, Panarin left it all behind. He closed his accounts and went completely silent online. The accusation, made by former NHLer and Panarin's former coach Andrei Nazarov, was completely unfounded. Even some of Panarin's teammates from that time came to his defense and said it never happened.

Source: Sport24.ru